To preface this is not what i predict what will happen tonight this is what I would do. I conducted a poll on my twitter and it was decided that this would include trades, which I will make at my digression and use a value table to find a happy medium. With out further ado lets get straight into this mock.
- Minnesota Timberwolves- Anthony Edwards SG, Georgia
The truth is everyone is trying to trade down in the draft. However the Wolves wouldn’t get the value in return this is worth. The Timberwolves if in this spot should go Edwards because it is the only one of the top 3 that fit this team, Granted I do usually side in value over positional need this time it differs because of what the T-wolves gave up for D’Angelo Russell. The only other player in contention is Lamelo Ball and in in this spot Russell’s playstyle overlaps too much.
- Chicago Bulls- Lamelo Ball PG, Australia.
The Bulls trade pick 4 and Wendell Carter to the Warriors for Pick 2 and 51 in this years draft.
The bulls are in need of a lead playmaker, in this spot Chicago would run a lineup of 3 guards a lot. Something Billy Donovan loves doing, now moving Lauri Markkanen to the Center spot this lineup is full of shooting and allowing Lamelo to be an even more valuable asset.
- Charlotte Hornets- James Wiseman C, Memphis
The Hornets get their main target. Someone who can mesh well and fit in with guys like Terry Rozier, Devonte graham, and PJ Washington. The Hornets find a dominant big man to lead them into the future.
- Golden State Warriors- Deni Avdija SF, Maccabi Tel Aviv
The warriors continue the trend of undervaluing the center position and here they pick up a talented point forward who can grow on this team and be surrounded by shooters.
- Cleveland Cavaliers- Isaac Okoro SF, Auburn
Okoro is the defensive juggernaut of this class. With intriguing upside as a secondary ball handler and passer Okoro just needs to refine his jump shot to be the ideal 3 and D wing in todays league.
- Atlanta Hawks- Tyrese Haliburton SG, Iowa State
Haliburton fits exactly what the hawks need, great defense, technically sound, a secondary ball handler, and a good spot up shooter. This pick could be moved to get a proven commodity next to Trae young but I fancy the pick up of Haliburton next to Trae young to much to pass up.
- Detroit Pistons- Killian Hayes PG, Detroit
Hayes is the most secure pick in this draft. His sky high floor and fairly high ceiling make this pick a slam dunk. A great P&R ball handler, Hayes fits todays mold of an NBA point guard. Fit all of that in a 6’5 frame and you have the making of a potential all star point guard in the future.
- New York Knicks- Kira Lewis PG, Alabama
Knicks fans may be let down at the name value here but don’t let that fool you. Lewis is a great shot creating point guard who has the athleticism to match his skill. Knicks fans have been calling for a score first point guard for years and with Lewis you get just that.
- Boston Celtics- Onyeka Okongwu C, USC
Celtics trade picks 14 and 26 to move up to pick 9 with the Washington Wizards
The reason for this move is Okongwu would probably be the pick here for the Wizards and he is simply to talented for the Celtics not to move up. The value is there for the Wizards to pick at 14 and still be able to add depth.
- Phoenix Suns- Devin Vassell SF, Florida State
The suns moved on from a good player in Kelly Oubre a back up point guard could be in play here but Vassell is no slouch. 3 and D player who can instantly be involved in the rotation for an aspiring playoff team.
- San Antonio Spurs- Patrick Williams SF, Florida State
Similar to his teammate Williams is a great defender but the difference is Vassell is the better shooter and while Williams isn’t terrible in that regard he is much better at finishing at the rim. With DeRozan likely on the move Williams can plug in to the starting lineup and be a solid rotational player.
- Sacremento Kings- Jalen Smith PF/C, Maryland
Smith is a great athlete who is great on the defensive end. He fits perfect along side Bagley providing the interior defense the Kings need. Smith likes to play up tempo which fits in perfectly with this kings team.
- New Orleans Pelicans- Precious Achiuwa PF, Memphis
Precious is a big of a mystery he was a highly productive college player with a high motor. Team will be scared by his shockingly small measurements but should warrant a late lottery pick.
- Washington Wizards- Obi Toppin PF, Dayton
Toppin falls to 14 because he is a tweener in the NBA. His defense is awful and his offense has a niche roll but next to players like Thomas Robinson, John wall, and Rui perhaps his flaws can be made up for on the defensive end.
Now that we are out of the lottery I will just be giving the picks to the end of the first round.
- Orlando Magic- Cole Anthony PG, North Carolina
- Houston Rockets- Aaron Nesmith SF, Vanderbilt
- Minnesota Timberwolves- Tyrell Terry PG, Stanford
- Dallas Mavericks- RJ Hampton PG, Australia
- Brooklyn Nets- Tyrese Maxey SG, Kentucky
- Miami Heat- Saddiq Bey PF, Villanova
- Philadelphia 76ers- Desmond Bane SG, TCU
- Denver Nuggets- Jaden McDaniels F, Washington
- New York Knicks- Josh Green SF, Arizona
- New Orleans Pelicans- Zeke Nnaji C, Arizona
- Oklahoma City Thunder- Theo Maledon PG, France
- Washigton Wizards- Nico Mannion PG, Arizona
- Utah Jazz- Aleksej Pokusevski PF, Serbia
- Oklahoma City Thunder- Isaiah Sterwart C. Washington
- Toronto Raptors- Xavier Tillman C, Michigan State
- Boston Celtics- Leandro Bolmaro G, Argentina